Dallas, TX 75247
Salary: $65,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
The Department Manager is responsible for the overall management of tree services and PHC. Including communicating regularly with the crews, client and Arborists on every aspect of their assigned jobs. This roll requires a strong knowledge of environmentally safe and organic garden practices, maintenance and tree work as well as being committed to producing the highest quality services in the industry. Candidates will also be responsible to create and implement plans for sales, marketing and operation that will create revenue to achieve goals set by management. Managers are responsible for leading the crewman and communicating client needs and wishes to the rest of the organization. They must also be comfortable offering technical advice and performing the jobs in the absence of or as added support for assigned staff. Visibility in the community is required for this position, so professionalism is vital both on and off the job.
- Assist in invoice verification and the responsive resolution to client’s concerns.
- Review and evaluate monthly direct Job Cost Reports on departmental activity to ensure profitability.
- Requisition tools, equipment and supplies required for operations.
- Daily approval of payroll entries for production staff and verification of paperwork prior to billing.
- Assist in the preparation, documenting and proposing of the divisional operation budget.
- Review divisional actual vs. budgeted performance with the VP on a monthly basis.
- Develop and implement a safety and training program for all operational staff within Tree Group.
- Create and collaborate on an annual sales/marketing plant for the tree group and implement it with the assistance of the marketing team.
- Participate in weekly team meetings.
Supervisory & Personnel Responsibilities
- Supervision and training of production crews to improve work performance.
- Giving direction, resolve problems, set deadlines to ensure timely and accurate completion of work sold.
- Manager and coordinate all direct reports, for all group and company activities.
- Develop annual recruiting strategies, intercompany training and initiatives that address the immediate and long-term staffing requirements of the group.
- Initiate employee hiring, promotion, discipline, discharge or transfer for all direct reports.
- Perform direct report’s annual performance evaluation and recommend compensation adjustments to the Director.
- Report, record and redirect, in accordance with the company’s stated policy, assigned staff in disciplinary actions.
- Train all direct reports on company policies and procedures.
- Carry out any disciplinary action necessary.
- Address problems or issues with job production and resolve to the client’s satisfaction.
Professional Development & Community Relations
- Continue professionals and technical education.
- Review technical publications, articles and abstracts to stay abreast of technical developments in the horticultural/landscape service industry.
- Obtain membership in professional trade organizations and accept any leadership roles if possible.
- Represent the company at community activities – promotional events, seminars, garden shows,
- Be available for speaking engagements for garden clubs, churches, civic organizations, businesses and speaker’s bureaus.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS / QUALIFICATIONS:
Education/Training: H.S. Degree / GED and Certification/License, College degree preferred.
Experience: Possess a 2 or 4 year degree (Preferably in Horticulture) or 3 years previous experience in a related field.
Training and Certifications: ISA Certification, TCIA Certified Tree care Safety Professional and valid driver’s license.