Dallas, TX 75247
Salary: $15.00 to $18.00 /hour
This position uses sophisticated climbing and rigging techniques, to cut away dead or excess branches from trees or shrubs to maintain right-of-way for roads, sidewalks, or utilities, or to improve appearance, health, and value of tree. Prune or treat trees or shrubs using handsaws, hand pruners, clippers, and power pruners.
- Report to office punctually each day prepared to work a full day.
- Assist in preparing truck and materials needed for day’s work at crew leader’s direction.
- Shall perform professional tree maintenance activities as directed by crew leader.
- Shall help to maintain and keep track of all tools and/or equipment used in daily operation.
- Shall constantly observe and practice climbing and tree maintenance skills in a continued effort to improve his own professional skills.
- Shall use all equipment and perform all jobs safely, making accident prevention a part of daily conduct.
- Shall be ready and willing to assist other crew members in all aspects of daily activities and shall be capable of taking a leadership role when required.
- Trim or removes tree by climbing or with the aid of an aerial lift device but only under the direct supervision of a crew leader or qualified climber.
- Loads and unloads trucks with logs, brush and debris often weighing 25 lbs. or more; lifts and feeds brush into brush chipper.
- Works from the ground using hand saws, pole saws and pruners, hand pruners, loppers and gas-powered chain saws.
- Drives trucks or operates other equipment as assigned.
- Responsible for the inspection and proper working condition of all tools and equipment assigned to him or her.
- Safeguards employees and public from hazards in and around the work area.
- Helps enforce on-the-job safety practices.
- Performs other related work as assigned.
- Uses hand lines to lower limbs and equipment
- Keeps work area clean and orderly.
- Carriers, lays out and stows materials, tools and equipment at work site.
- Works from the ground using handsaws, poles saws.
- Services trucks and equipment. Keeps trucks and other assigned equipment in a neat and orderly fashion. Reports the need for repairs to truck and equipment to crew leader.
- Responsible to work safely, assist in ensuring safe working conditions exist and report unsafe conditions to manager.
***Bonus awarded after 90 days of employment***